11 Oct 2013

*D* Daphine Polish [Indie Guide Project]


I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you the lovely Joanne, maker of Daphine Polish!

Bom dia !! Hoje tenho mais uma marca indie e uma entrevista com a Joanne, criadora dos Daphine Polish !!!!


* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
* * *









Your Name: Joanne
Brand Name: Daphine Polish


Where are you from? New York City

When have you started? The brand launched in July 2013 but I have been experimenting and testing since December 2012

Is there a story behind the name of your brand? Daphine is a nickname that I got in middle school, which stuck with me through most of high school. The friend who gave it to me is still asking for royalties :P

How many polishes/collections have you created? Four collections so far (Daria, Beach, Goddess, and Sleepy Hollow) and a few non-collection polishes floating around, as well.



Is there a special polish/collection? Why? Surf & Sand is a color I created for a photo inspiration challenge in a Facebook group, and the overwhelming positive response is what made me decide that I could do this (sell my polish). It's also one of my best sellers!
Do you have a best seller? As said above, Surf & Sand from the Beach collection is definitely my #1



Daria collection
Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? Yes! I remember buying Sally Hansen and Revlon Street Wear polishes at the drugstore as kid/teen. Before it had a name (that we knew of) my friends and I would franken our own colors from the assorted polishes we owned. Add too many colors of store-bough polish and you always get a dark blue-black! About two years ago is when I learned about the world of indie polish, which really opened my eyes! I got into glitters and learned about jellies and crellies and got caught up in the restock madness! At the moment my polish stash hovers around 650 bottles.


goddess collection
Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? I do not have a blog. The time I spend editing photos for listings is exhausting, I can't imagine doing it full-time! I do love to share NOTD (nail of the day) pictures on Pinterest but I have fallen out of the habit since I spend so much time testing my own polish now.


halloween collection
Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? I love the mad scientist element of it. I put together a color base and then ask myself "what glitter would look good in this?" So I pull out all of my glitters in that color (this can take awhile lol) and toss 'em in. You never know what you might create! I also have a pretty mundane 9-5 job, so the creative outlet is great.


Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? When I pack an order for a customer I like to re-tighten the caps on the bottles before I wrap them. Recently I guess I over-tightened and the cap broke in my hand! It was a very Hulk-smash moment for me. Luckily the bottle was fine and I didn't spill it all over myself!Is there anything you'd Like to share: Ahh I'm so bad at the "do you have any questions?" portion of the interview! I don't think so :)
beach collection 

Do you ship international? Yes









Contacts
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DaphinePolish
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/DaphinePolish
Storenvy: http://www.storenvy.com/stores/119047-daphine-polish
Instagram http://instagram.com/daphinepolish
Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/daphine624/daphine-polish/

Support the Girls is a New Shade and for each sold 3$ will be going to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. 
Swatch by Joanne
* * *

Personal Notes from Betty



Thank you so much Joanne, for wanting to be a part of this project! I loved having you here! Once again I show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work. I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! Don't Forget to come tomorrow !

* * *


I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow!
Please do comment, follow and share if you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !


*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check the Indie Guide Tag.
*pictures taken from Daphine Polish Facebook Page with Joanna's Permission*


No comments:

Post a Comment