1 Apr 2013

*S* Spellbound Nails [Indie Guide Project]


Hi Girls & Boys!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Ashley, the maker or the Spellbound Nails ! 

Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Ashley, o rosto por detras dos vernizes Spellbound Nails !


* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
* * *









Your Name: Ashley Plummer

Brand Name: 
Spellbound Nails

Where are you from? A very small town in Pennsylvania. We moved around a lot when I was younger, but somehow I ended up just down the road from where I started.

When have you started? I started mixing up polishes late 2012, but only put my polishes up for sale in early 2013.


Is there  a story behind the name of your brand? I admit it; I’m guilty of being a huge Harry Potter fan. Who doesn’t want to wave a wand and have something wonderful happen? When I opened my shop I wanted nothing more than to charm my customers, spellbound them if you will, and the name just stuck.

How many polishes/collections have you created? I have two collections at this time and six individual polishes. The Candy Coated Collection is a full collection with five polishes inspired by my favorite childhood game, Candy Land. The other collection is a green based duo I created for St. Patrick’s Day. I also have six polishes that were just released and two more collections in the works. That is 22 polishes either already released or awaiting release soon. My mind is always working with polish ideas so I hope to have many, many more!

Is there a special polish/collection? Why? I think one of the collections awaiting release is going to be closest to my heart. I have plans for five polishes in this collection and an additional two to be released later. I love every polish I create, but there are some that really touch your heart and soul, and I think that’s what this collection did for me.
Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? I was! Creating my own polish just seemed to be a natural extension to this obsession.

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? My blog came before I started making polishes. The Candy Coated Collection’s release was actually part of my blog’s one-year anniversary.

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? I’ve always been creative, so I definitely like the creative side. I feel a bit like a mad scientist at times as I mix in glitter and pigment just to see what comes of it. I also really love seeing an idea I have in my head come together perfectly in a bottle. The sense of accomplishment I get is definitely a rush.

Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? I haven’t had anything happen with a client yet, but I was checking out at a local shop and got to talking with the cashier. She had some really pretty nail art and after complimenting her on it we got to talking about how she does it herself. I mentioned that I do my own as well and that I even started making my own nail polish. She looked at me like I was insane, like I couldn’t possible make my own nail polish, and I was just a crazy person who simply thought I could!

Is there anything you'd Like to share: Thank you so much, Bárbara, for letting me be part of this project. I love what I do, and I hope others can come to be just as excited with every new polish created as I am.
 
Contacts


* * * 

Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you much Ashley! I'm so happy to have you on this project! Thanky you so much for supporting the Indie Guide Project. I do wish you the best!
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !



*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Spellbound Nail  Pages with Ashley's Permission*

Comentários
9 Comentários

9 comments:

  1. Olá, que coleção de Indes lindos ela tem! Irei visitar suas redes socias, com certeza.
    Adorei seu Blogs e suas unhas, conheci o seu lindo trabalho com as unhas, pelo Blog da Luisa e adorei.


    Já estou seguindo aqui, e sempre que der estarei visitando o Betty Nails.
    Super beijo...


    www.amandaflordeliz.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dujour @ nailsnoob.blogspot.it1 April 2013 at 02:39

    I love this blog, i love ur art, i love the fact that u speak portuguese and post in both lenguages cause I know english but want to learn portuguese, and I love that you commit so much to indies and swatch them, since i don't have them here but love them, wanna swap? i am proposing a swap with flakes sparkles indie polishes giving out italian brands right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dujor! Than you so much for your appreciation! Its really great to hear such an amazing feedback! I'm not swapping at the moment but if there is something else I can help with you can email me at blog.bettynails@gmail.com

    Thank you !
    Love,
    B .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure! I'm waiting for you in my blog (maybe u can comment in protuguese and i can try to learn and understand)!! kisses

      Delete
  4. OI Amanda! Que bom que gostaste! Adorei o feedback! Beijo enorme <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LINDOS!!!! Eu quero... Gosto de todos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine Cristina2 April 2013 at 03:18

    Adorei a coleção, muito linda!

    Beijooo
    www.unhasemdestaque.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete