18 Feb 2013

*R* Red Dog Designs [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls & Boys!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Gina, the maker of Red Dog Designs! 


Olá meninas & Meninos !
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Gina, a criadora dos Red Dog Designs  !

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
* * *




Your Name: Gina WentworthBrand Name: Red Dog Designs

Where are you from? Indianapolis, Indiana, USA


When have you started? I started researching/testing in February-April of 2012 – shop first opened in September 2012.



 Is there about a story behind the name of your brand? ‘Red dog’ is a nickname for my oldest dog, Lucy. She is also the logo for the brand (all are pics of her, simply filled in using photoshop). 

How many polishes/collections have you created?  I've only had two official collections so far, but have created 16 different polishes that have been released to the public.



Is there a special polish/collection? Why? Each polish is special and essentially has some story behind it. My first collection was created from the love of a tv show I shared in watching with my Dad growing up. My holiday collection has come from my love of music and things that are different from the norm. While I may not always share each and every story behind each polish, there has always been a lot of thought and time put into the creation and execution of each one. 

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? Very! I like to think that my addiction has allowed me to have a lot of ‘research’ into different types/finishes of polish and has helped me in my creation/thought process.

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? I began to start a blog before making polishes – but never did stick with it. When I began researching/testing for my own line, it was just too much to try and keep up with on a daily basis.

What’s your favorite thing about making polishes? Being able to see an idea go from thought, to paper, to actual polish and have it come out so perfect – and in turn to have people say they also love your polish – that is the best thing of all.


Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? Can’t think of anything at the moment. 
 Is there anything you'd Like to share: I take a lot of pride in my polishes. I strive for great quality and uniqueness in each one. I consider each one a work of ‘art’. I can only hope that others will enjoy them as much as I have in creating all of them. It’s exciting that my ‘art’ can be shared with so many people, around the world even. I value every fan of my polish and am excited to hear from every person who has purchased and loved their polishes. 



Website:




Swatches

The Engineer 

It may look like just another red but it is one of those special reds that I can't resist. I used it as soon as I took it off the envelope! 
Red Gelly base filled with shredded red glitter. 3 coats for this look. The shreds spread very evenly and the brush is smooth. Dried in around 4 mins.
Pode, à primeira vista, parecer mais um vermelho,  mas este verniz sem dúvida que não o é. Tive que o usar assim que o retirei do envelope. É de facto, lindíssimo.
Uma base vermelha gelly repleta de glitter vermelho em shreds. 3 camadas para opacidade total, pincel macio, os shreds aplicam-se e espalham-se bastante bem. Cerca de  4 minutos de tempo de secagem.






Mele Kalikimaka

A glitter top coat filled with multi sized and shaped glitters in various shades of green and blue with some touches of pink and white. One coat over Purle Professioal nr15. Glitters apply nice and evenly and dried in 3mins.
Um top coat glitter repleto de glitters de vários tamanhos e formas em tons de verde e azul com um toque de rosa e branco. Uma camada sobre o Purle Professional nr15. Os glitters aplicam-se e espalham-se mito facilmente, o pincel é macio e o tempo de secagem rondou os 3mins.





Unicorn Kisses

One more Glitter top coat, filled with multi-colored small hexagon glitter and a very fine holographic and silver glitter. Like the other two I've tested, they apply nice and easily and the brush is smooth. Around 3 mins drying time.
Mais um lindo glitter to coat, repleto de glitters hexagonais pequenos de várias cores  e complementado por um fino glitter holográfico e prateado. Como os outros dois que já revi, a aplicação é simples, os glitteres espalham-se bem e secam bastante rápido, cerca de 3mins.






* * * 

Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much Gina, for you support and for being so nice to me! I really appreciate it! <3 
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work. I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts.  If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 

* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !




*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Red Dog Designs  Facebook Page with Gina's Permission*

No comments:

Post a Comment