2 Jan 2013

*M* Maisie Shine Nails [Indie Guide Project]


Hi Girls & Boys!
After my small Christmas break I'm back with this amazing project that gives so much happiness ! 
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Lindsey, from Maisie Shine Nail Polish !! !! 


Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Após a minha mini pausa de Natal estou de volta com este projecto que me enche de alegria!!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Lindsey, criadora dos Maisie Shine NP !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! 
This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
Para quem não sabe do que eu estou a falar ( basta seguirem-me também no Facebook para saberem as novidades em primeira mão ) estou a fazer um Guia de Vernizes Indie.
Este é um projecto enorme e muito trabalhoso que tenho imenso prazer de partilhar convosco!
Então, o que é que vou fazer? Todos os dias, vou-vos mostrar uma marca diferente de vernizes indies com entrevistas com as meninas ( e meninos) que os fazem! Além disso, tambem vos vou trazer entrevistas com as maiores lojas onde eles se vendem!
* * *




Your Name: Lindsey
Brand Name: Maisie Shine

Where are you from? California - Bay area

When have you started? I started selling in April-May 2012
Is there about a story behind the name of your brand? Maisie Shine is named after my beloved goldendoodle, Maisie

How many polishes/collections have you created? I've only done two full collections- Fall 2012 and Holiday 2012. In total, I've probably created about 50 colors, but not all of them have made to cut to be sold. Some I save for later collections if it doesn't seem season appropriate
Is there a special polish/collection? Why? Some polishes I make I give a specific $ or percentage of the proceeds to the ASPCA. The purpose of this organization is “to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States.” Since my company was inspired by my dog, I thought I'd give back to something she would approve of.

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? I've always loved polish, but I admit I was a little polish shy before I started making polish. I wouldn't wear really glittery or bright polishes too often. Now glitter doesn't seem outrageous at all to me!


Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after?
No, I don't currently blog

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? I am a graphic designer, so I LOVE color! My favorite thing to do is create new nail polish colors. Figuring out what color combinations work well together. Glitter adds a whole new element and so many more unique polishes are possible.




^^Onto Some Swatches^^
Wonderland
Wonderland is a gorgeous snowfall blue. The formula is of a glitter top coat with a medium to high coverage. I applied it over a baby grey and turned out amazingly! I was in awe with it! The formula is filled with small glitter iridescent and blue flakes and it its geniously filled with small pure white hexagons and pop perfectly in the blue main color. In the middle nail I applied another polish with dark blue glitter to make the light blue pop out! 
O Wonderlnd é um lindissimo verniz top coat de glitter com uma formula lindissima. Tem uma pigmentação media alta e é repleto de flocos azuis/prateados iridescentes, Fabuloso. Parece neve de desenho animado.Tem ainda a quantidade perfeita de pequenos hexagonos brancos que conferem um contraste maravilhoso com o azul! Perfeito. Apliquei-o sobre um cinzento claro. Na unha do dedo do meio apliquei outro glitter azul para fazer contraste como azul claro do verniz predominante. Fiquei apaixonada por esta manicure!






Whishlist


I loved this polish too! I applied it over Purple Professiona nr.44 in 1/2 according to what was  visually necessary to please my eyes! :D Its formula is filled with blue iridescent hexagonal glitters of several sizes and a touch oh holographic small glitter. Nice brush, dries and applies fast! 
O wishlist é de facto um verniz maravilhoso. Apliquei-o sobre o Purple Profissional 44. 1/2 camadas. A formula é composta por uma base cor de rosa repelta de glitter hexagonal de vários tamanhos com acabamento azul iridescente que fazem um contraste maravilhoso. Tem ainda um toque de microglitter holografico que confere   o toque final. Adorei usar. Tempo de secagem rapido, pincel macio e facilima aplicação.












Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much Lindsey for you total support since I first told you about this! I wish you the best!! And s don't miss all her other creations!! Go check her links for more details!!
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 

Notas da Betty:
Um muito obrigado à Lindsey por todo o apoio que me deu desde o primeiro momento em que lhe contei sobre o projecto! Um muito obrigado! Desejo-lhe muta muita sorte! A quem me está a ler não posso deixar de dizer que TÊM que ir ver os links dela pois existem imensas coisas lindissimas para ver!!
O blog ( e eu claro! ) apoia totalmente as marcas Indies e agradece o apoio de  todas as meninas ( e meninos) que me ajudaram e estão a apoiar o meu projecto! Tenho imenso respeito por elas e pelo seu trabalho tão bonito.
Não vou traduzir as entrevistas que estão em Inglês.. acho que as palavras e os significados se perdem nas traduções. Espero que compreendam. Qualquer dúvida podem mandar-me uma msg privada ou deixar aqui em baixo nos comentários.
*Se fazes vernizes e queres participar no projecto não deixes de me contactar! Basta enviar uma msg no Facebook do blog ou pelo email (Blog.bettynails@gmail.com). Ainda vais a tempo!
Não se esqueçam de fazer like e seguir a Página do Facebook do blog porque lá vão vendo todas as novidades! 

* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !

Espero que tenham amado! o post de hoje!
Qual foi a vossa parte preferida?
Contem-me tudo nos comentários abaixo! Se gostaram por favor comentem, sigam e partilhem! 
O vosso feedback é muito muito importante, não só para mim como para todas as  pessoas que  se envolveram no projecto.
Beijocas e Até amanha!! 




*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from  Maisie Shine  Facebook Page with Lindsey's Permission*






No comments:

Post a Comment