8 Jan 2013

*L* Lucky 13 Lacquer [Indie Guide Project]


Hi Girls & Boys!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Jess from Lucky 13 Lacquers !! !! 

Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Jess, criadora dos Lucky 13 Lacquers !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
Para quem não sabe do que eu estou a falar ( basta seguirem-me também no Facebook para saberem as novidades em primeira mão ) estou a fazer um Guia de Vernizes Indie. Este é um projecto enorme e muito trabalhoso que tenho imenso prazer de partilhar convosco! Então, o que é que vou fazer? Todos os dias, vou-vos mostrar uma marca diferente de vernizes indies com entrevistas com as meninas ( e meninos) que os fazem! Além disso, tambem vos vou trazer entrevistas com as maiores lojas onde eles se vendem!
* * *




Your Name: Jess O., AKA Kyoti
Brand Name: Lucky 13 Lacquer

Where are you from? Southern California, USA
When have you started? July 2012

Is there  a story behind the name of your brand? 13 has always been my lucky number. When I first started my brand I just used my blog name, “Kyoti's Nails”, but I really didn't like it enough for a long-term name, and then one day it hit me—Lucky 13 Lacquer! I love the alliteration of the Ls and I just feel like it fits me as a creator.

How many polishes/collections have you created? I currently have released 5 collections (with a sixth to be released mid January) and a handful of “one-offs” without a collection. I currently have 23 colors available but I will be releasing 13 more with my January collection and I have a few limited edition collections which come back occasionally and you can see them here: http://www.lucky13lacquer.com/graveyard.html

Is there a special polish/collection? Why? My Legend of Zelda/Hylian Hero collection was the first I created so it holds a special place in my heart. My upcoming Doctor Who collection is my second favorite I've created, and I hope that once it's released everyone likes it as much as I do!

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? YES! Growing up I rarely did anything more exciting than a simple black manicure, and even then it rarely lasted more than a day. Then one day in late 2011 I painted my nails on a whim and just fell in LOVE. I've hardly had bare nails since! I still love nail polish and especially indies and I frequently review indie brands on my nail blog.

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? Yes, I started Kyoti's Nails in February of 2012 after my Facebook friends got tired of seeing so many nail posts!

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? Starting with the basic supplies and creating something deep and complex from them. Sometimes I honestly feel like I leave out an empty bottle and supplies and little glitter gnomes leave a beautiful creation for me to take the credit for! I can hardly believe that I've created them.

Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? Thankfully I haven't had any particularly difficult or weird clients yet! Everything has gone smoothly.

Is there anything you'd Like to share: Just that I'm so honored that people like my creations. I appreciate each and every “friend” (not fan! We become friends!) on Facebook and everyone who leaves kind comments on my pages or on my blog. Also, I do ship internationally but currently my cart system doesn't allow for international orders; contact me directly if you're not in the US and I'm trying to find a new cart system that takes international orders.

Contacts
Stockists: None (yet!) but I'm hopeful for the future.
Instagram: kyotijess
I'm most active on my Facebook pages

* * * 

Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much Jess, for supporting me all the way! I hope you have a great success! You deserve it so much! I love your polishes!
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 

Notas da Betty:
Um muito obrigado à Jess, por me ter apoiado desde o inicio! Espero que corra tudo bem com o negócio porque ela realmente merece! Os vernizes são lindissimos!!
O blog ( e eu claro! ) apoia totalmente as marcas Indies e agradece o apoio de  todas as meninas ( e meninos) que me ajudaram e estão a apoiar o meu projecto! Tenho imenso respeito por elas e pelo seu trabalho tão bonito.
Não vou traduzir as entrevistas que estão em Inglês.. acho que as palavras e os significados se perdem nas traduções. Espero que compreendam. Qualquer dúvida podem mandar-me uma msg privada ou deixar aqui em baixo nos comentários.
*Se fazes vernizes e queres participar no projecto não deixes de me contactar! Basta enviar uma msg no Facebook do blog ou pelo email (Blog.bettynails@gmail.com). Ainda vais a tempo!
Não se esqueçam de fazer like e seguir a Página do Facebook do blog porque lá vão vendo todas as novidades! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !

Espero que tenham amado! o post de hoje!
Qual foi a vossa parte preferida?
Contem-me tudo nos comentários abaixo! Se gostaram por favor comentem, sigam e partilhem! 
O vosso feedback é muito muito importante, não só para mim como para todas as  pessoas que  se envolveram no projecto.
Beijocas e Até amanha!! 




*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Lucky 13 Lacquers Facebook Page with Jessy's Permission*


No comments:

Post a Comment