13 Dec 2012

*N* Not Too Polished [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Elizabeth from Not Too Polished !! !! 


Olá meninas!!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Elizabeth da Not too Polished !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! 
This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
Para quem não sabe do que eu estou a falar ( basta seguirem-me também no Facebook para saberem as novidades em primeira mão ) estou a fazer um Guia de Vernizes Indie.
Este é um projecto enorme e muito trabalhoso que tenho imenso prazer de partilhar convosco!
Então, o que é que vou fazer? Todos os dias, vou-vos mostrar uma marca diferente de vernizes indies com entrevistas com as meninas ( e meninos) que os fazem! Além disso, tambem vos vou trazer entrevistas com as maiores lojas onde eles se vendem!
* * *




Your Name: Elizabeth Lefevre
Brand Name: Not Too Polished
Where are you from? Wisconsin, US


When have you started? I started mixing (frankening) my own polish when I was a kid! I was never happy with the colors I could buy at the store. But I started actually marketing my brand in March of 2012.

Is there about a story behind the name of your brand? Not a very interesting one, lol! I've never been a very "prim and proper" type of girl, I've always had some rough edges. I wanted my brand to reflect that part of my personality that is not too polished, and since I was making nail polish, the phrase was perfect.

How many polishes/collections have you created? I have four full permanent collections in my shop right now, plus three partial permanent collections, two retired collections (one of which may be making a comeback!) and have done 8 seasonal collections. So a total of 17- wow! I didn't realize it was that many! Each collection is 6 colors, so a grand total of 102 colors, not counting one-offs and custom colors!

Is there a special polish/collection? Why? The Wonderland Collection was the first full collection that I released, so it will always have a special place in my heart- White Rabbit is still one of my favorite polishes from my line! But most of the polishes that I make are inspired by pop-culture icons that are special to me, such as Doctor Who, Game of Thrones and Harry Potter, so I do treasure them all :)

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? I wouldn't say I was "addicted", and I certainly wasn't the hoarder that I am now! I wore acrylic nails for 6 years, just finally taking them off for good this past summer. I tended to get them with designs and such on them, and only paint them when the design started chipping. I doubt I had even twenty polishes before I started marketing Not Too Polished, but once you start seeing all of the gorgeous polish that indie makers are offering, it's impossible to say no!

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? I did not, and I wasn't really even aware that "polish blogs" were a thing! I started following a few blogs shortly after my brand was launched, and began my own blog (nottoopolished.blogspot.com) in June. I now blog almost daily, and follow nearly 150 nail and beauty blogs.


Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? I love being able to boil some of my favorite characters and moments from a beloved pop-culture franchise to a color. The perfect shade, with the perfect glitters, that absolutely shout "River Song" or "Rita Skeeter". And I'm both honored and touched that there are other fans out there who think I represented that character well enough that they want to buy my product.


Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? Unfortunately, I don't really have any funny stories to share. I've made friends with some amazing women through both my brand and my blog, but no anecdotes really stick out.

Is there anything you'd Like to share: Just that I am truly grateful for everyone who takes the time to view and purchase my brand, and everyone who reads my blog. Without you, Not Too Polished would not exist! 
 * * *

Contacts
Website: etsy.com/shop/nottoopolished
Facebook: facebook.com/nottoopolished
Blog: nottoopolished.blogspot.com
Store: etsy.com/shop/nottoopolished
Pinterest: Elizabeth Lefevre
Twitter: @nottoopolished


Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much Elizabeth for being so nice and supporting me since I first told you about the project!
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 

Notas da Betty:
Um muito obrigado à Elizabeth que foi sempre impecável e este disposta a ajudar e participar desde o momento em que lhe falei no projecto!Beijinho
O blog ( e eu claro! ) apoia totalmente as marcas Indies e agradece o apoio de  todas as meninas ( e meninos) que me ajudaram e estão a apoiar o meu projecto! Tenho imenso respeito por elas e pelo seu trabalho tão bonito.
Não vou traduzir as entrevistas que estão em Inglês.. acho que as palavras e os significados se perdem nas traduções. Espero que compreendam. Qualquer dúvida podem mandar-me uma msg privada ou deixar aqui em baixo nos comentários.
*Se fazes vernizes e queres participar no projecto não deixes de me contactar! Basta enviar uma msg no Facebook do blog ou pelo email (Blog.bettynails@gmail.com). Ainda vais a tempo!
Não se esqueçam de fazer like e seguir a Página do Facebook do blog porque lá vão vendo todas as novidades! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !

Espero que tenham amado! o post de hoje!
Qual foi a vossa parte preferida?
Contem-me tudo nos comentários abaixo! Se gostaram por favor comentem, sigam e partilhem! 
O vosso feedback é muito muito importante, não só para mim como para todas as  pessoas que  se envolveram no projecto.
Beijocas e Até amanha!! 




*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Not Too Polished Facebook Page with Permission*

Comentários
2 Comentários

2 comments:

  1. erοtіc maѕsаge says a transformation iѕ poѕsіble.
    Glаmour Avenue Рarties offer fаbulous
    and аgе apрrοpгіate mіni еrоtic massage services
    at competitiѵe rates. A boundary dеlіnеаteѕ a spаce.
    Put in a bіt. Baden-BаdenТhe Gеrman city of Baden-Baden fоunded
    in 1838 іs a famous beauty and health? Skіn Ѕpeaks erotic massage М.
    Thе best ωay tο enter the inner bodу.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design is steller! You most certainly know
    how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog
    (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that,
    how you presented it. Too cool!

    my site; how to get pregnant fast

    ReplyDelete